There is no opponent to the phrase, “Football is the most popular sport in the world.” Football is actively practiced in many countries, and also, many super players who play football for clubs receive millions of dollars. Football clubs need huge assets to pay big players and buy super players from other sports clubs. If you want to continue to excel, you have to purchase superstars for the football club. In fulfilling the aim, clubs have remarked their victory with wealth. According to Forbes Magazine, the following trio are the wealthiest football clubs in the world.
Real Madrid (Spain) – $ 4,239 million
Founded in 1902 in Madrid, Spain, the Club was initially known as the Madrid Football Club. However, in 1920, King Alfonso XIII gifted royal patronage to the Club. Since then, the title of the Madrid Football Club has been changed to Real Madrid as Real is the Spanish term to mean royal. Real Madrid, who have not had a shortage of polished players in the past, has become the most victorious team in the history of the European Champions Trophy, winning the title 13 times. Real Madrid, the most fortunate team in La Liga, Spain’s most famous football league, has won it 33 times. In the last two decades, the amount of money Real Madrid Football Club has spent on purchasing players such as Zinedine Zidane, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Gareth Bale has been recorded the highest amount of money spent by any football club to buy a player of those eras. Following is the sum of the money spent by Real Madrid Sports Club to purchase the three super players.
- Zinedine Zidane – He joined Real Madrid from Juventus. It became the highest amount of money a player of that era could transfer from a football club to a another. It was euro million 77.5
- Cristiano Ronaldo joined Real Madrid from Manchester United in 2009 for euro million 94.
- Gareth Bale joined Real Madrid from Tottenham Hotspur in 2013 for euro million 100.8
Barcelona (Spain) – $ 4,021 million
Founded in 1899 in Barcelona, Spain, this football club has become one of the last two decades’ wealthiest sports clubs. Real Madrid and Barcelona have won the European Champions Trophy five times. Barcelona has won the La Liga, the most popular football league in Spain, 26 times. The following is a list of players who have been bought by the Barcelona Sports Club at the highest cost in the recent past.
- Philippe Coutinho joined Barcelona from Liverpool Sports Club in 2018 for euro million 120
- Antonio Griezmann joined Barcelona from Atlético Madrid for euro million 120 in 2018
- Ousmane Dembélé joined Barcelona from Borussia Dortmund in 2017 for euro million 105
Manchester United (England) – $ 3,808 million
In 1878, a football club called Newton Heath was founded in Manchester. The Club was later renamed Manchester United in 1902. Manchester United, the most successful football club in England almost two decades ago, has now won the Premier League 13 times in England, becoming the most successful team in tournament history. A three-time winner of the European Champions Trophy, the Club was once the world’s wealthiest football club. The following are some of the players who have been bought by Manchester United Sports Club at the highest cost in the recent past.
- Rio Ferdinand joined Manchester United from Leeds United Sports Club in 2002 for euro 46 million. It was a significant amount of money in that era.
- Paul Pogba joined Manchester United from Juventus in 2016 for euro 105 million.