Parliament mountain is considered as the home of Canada’s federal government, and it is also the place where agents among Canada grant laws that affect the lives of Canadians. Parliament mountain is often addressed as parliament hill. It is an area of Crown land on the southern banks of the Ottawa River in downtown Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Its Gothic revival suite of buildings is the home of the Parliament of Canada and has architectural features of national symbolic importance. Parliament Hill captivates about 3 million visitors every year. The functioning of law enforcement of parliament hill and parliament premises is the responsibility of Parliament Protective Service.
Since the Victorian queen chose Ottawa as the capital city of Canada, the site that was considered as a military base in the 18th and early 19th century, begun to develop as a governmental land. In 1916, Parliament and the parliament buildings were damaged due to fire, but with the construction of peace tower in 1927, parliament hill became into its present form. Since 2002, there’s a one billion dollars’ worth huge reconstruct and rehabilitation project has taken over every building of the premises. And they say that end of the process cannot be expected even at the end of the year 2028.
If looked upon the past, parliament hill was a top with a soft slope covered with limestones. This mountain was a landmark of the Ottawa river for the first nations for hundreds of years, but later European merchandisers, adventurers, and industrialists made their way into the continent. The plan for a vast fortress was never carried out, hence the strategic importance of the hill was faded in the mid-19th century.
The 88,480 square meter land (921 391 square ft.) maintained by National Capital Commission is considered as parliament hill by Parliament of Canada Act, and it is also defined as the resting between the Ottawa river in north and Rideau canal on the East. Wellington Street is situated
on the south while a service road near the supreme court (Kent street) stands on the West. The south front part of the property is spared for Victorian High Gothic wrought iron fence which is known as Wellington fence, has a conventional entrance to the parliament hill with its center axis to the north with the Peace Tower.
The quadrangle is the key outdoor area, established by order of the Parliament and departmental buildings on the site and arranged in a formal garden fashion. The significant celebrations, demonstrations, and traditional shows such as the annual Canada Day celebrations take place here. On the sides of the buildings, statues and memorials have built
according to the English garden style, on the northwest corner, summer Gazebo, a Carpenter Gothic structure, reconstructed Gazebo in 1995, and the summer house was built for the Speaker of the House of Commons in 1877 by Thomas Seton Scott, and they were destroyed in 1956. When going beyond the landscapes of these areas, the slope remains on its natural state.
Even though parliament hill considered as the heart of Parliament, with the construction of Langevin Block across Wellington Street in 1884, it started spreading beyond the limits described above.
Parliament has three parts. Firstly, monarch (represents by the Canadian head of state (the governor), secondly, Senate council and thirdly, common council. These three roles work together to decide policies and laws and to inspect daily burning issues. It is built for the legislature and the Canadian Parliament which was constructed by the architects, Calvert Vaux, Marshall Wood (landscapes), and Thomas Scott (oversight). Parliament Hill was created during the 1859-1927 period. The Lord’s house is open to the public. Tourists can observe the business in the chamber of commerce at the same time, to choose committees or to visit Parliament as a guest of a member is convenient for free. During Saturdays and on summer vacations it is possible to pay a visit to see Parliament as a guest.
Parliament hill which was known as Traders hill at earlier times, and it is the gateway of Hampstead, London. It is a natural oasis located on the Northside of London. Heath is an area of large houses spread over 791 acres. It is considered as a space for loyal soldiers to
Parliament and parliament hill are believed to be named during the English Civil war. Before 60 years, Hampstead Heath hosted for livestock. In about 1930; cattle were raised to sold through London meat markets. The upper parts of the mountain are still unbroken in summer,
besides it has been blocked because of a road network. Precisely the grass in Hampstead Heath is specially bred from farm grass. Also, a racecourse and an adventure playground are there as public facilities. It’s a home of a herd of flamingos. Parliament hill is the core of Heath.