The current COVID 19 pandemic has already taken lives of more than five hundred thousand in the world and has infected more than thirteen million. Therefore, we don’t have a choice but to maintain social distance and move on with life. Most countries have passed the peak stage and are slowly opening up the countries to save their economies. After many stressful months, people are finally stepping outdoors. We all have to remember that the threat is still out there and if we are not careful we have to expect a second wave, which is more critical.
We all were suffocating for many months at different levels in our own way. We all do feel like we are just broke free from unfair imprisonment. Finally, when it’s time to step out, do we still have to suffer? Let’s try to look from a different perspective. Social distancing is not a punishment but can be a lifesaver. Therefore, we need to figure out ways to enjoy our lives, but be on the safe side. Below are some tips to help you to face life with the current situation.
- Enjoy fresh air – Fresh air gives stamina and refreshes the body. Step to your garden and take a deep breath while feeling the fresh air getting into your body. If you can step outdoors in the morning, you can also get your Vit D and fill your lungs with fresh air. If you don’t have a garden, you can still go to the balcony or even open a window and enjoy some fresh air. Doing breathing exercise and maintaining a good lung capacity is beneficial in the long run. Stay connected with nature and fill your body with positive vibes from nature.
- Do regular exercise – You don’t have to go to a gym to sweat. There are many apps and YouTube videos to motivate you with your daily work out. You can stay indoors, use your garden or find a non-crowded place for your work out. If you be optimistic about it, unlike in the gym, now you can get your whole family involved and work out together. Won’t it be more fun than just spending some boring time on a treadmill in the gym? You do not have to spend the whole time sitting in front of the television or your laptop cursing the pandemic situation. Explore the fun side of it.
- Enjoy your work- With the economic downfall all the countries are facing currently, you must work hard and earn your living. Working from home works perfect for many companies. Technology is sophisticated for you to function as usual. You can have online meetings, share screens, have discussions as you used to do during office hours but without wasting many hours in traffic jams and getting stressed out. Do not complain about your new regulations at work due to the current situation. You are very lucky if you still have a job as many people have lost theirs and are struggling right now. There will be many people who would love to take over from you. Therefore, stop complaining and enjoy your job.
- Practice mindfulness – Maintaining both mental and physical fitness is essential with the present scenario. Mindfulness will help you to go through the present stressful situation. It will guide you to stay calm and concentrate on the present moment rather than worrying about the future. There are many restrictions applicable to all of us. Thinking and worrying over them will not solve any of your problems. If there is any chance for you to reduce the problems which you may have to face in the future, the only way is to spend the present moment safely and mindfully
- Stay connected – Limiting your outings with friends will not prevent you from spending time with them as usual. With the advanced technology, you and your friends can stay at home and continue your usual chit chats. Zipping your homemade coffee, enjoy your friends’ company online. It may be difficult at the beginning, but once you get used to it, you will get addicted to it. After all, it has benefits as well. It will save your time and good for your budget too.
- Enjoy family time – Did you notice how happy your children were during the lockdown period? They love to spend time with their parents. Spending time together as a family will be beneficial for the wellbeing of both parents and kids. You can plan a movie night at home where everybody can cuddle up, enjoy some snacks and a movie. Have a picnic in your backyard, do some board games with your kids and enjoy a quality life. Before you know, your kids will grow up and out of your lives. Use this period as an opportunity to spend more time with them and create lifetime memories.
- Help each other – The whole world is going through a crisis right now. Different people have different issues. Everybody is going through their own battle. You may have difficulties, but there are many who are at a worse stage than you. Take care of people around you. Donate more to charity, call and check on your friends and family and help them out to go through this period. We are all in this together but at different levels. Helping others will always be a blessing to your life. It will also make you happy and make you feel accomplished.
We have to face unexpected situations in life. You are strong to keep your head straight and face difficulties in life. Like any other pandemic situation, this will also pass on. How long we have to maintain social distance, totally relies on all of us. If we stick to safety precautions we will be able to defeat it soon and get back to our normal lifestyles. Until then still, you can have fun. Enjoy some fresh air, do regular exercise and work safely. Practising mindfulness will help you to overcome your mental fatigue. Stay connected with your friends and also enjoy family time. Don’t forget to help each other in these difficult days. Look around what is happening around you. You are so lucky to be alive and enjoy your life. Therefore, the current situation is nothing to be panicked or depressed about. All you need to do is to be smart, patient and pass it through.